Thursday, April 10, 2014

Cake Pops

I tend to do a fair amount of baking for bake sales and donations of sorts, but that is really what I enjoy about the decorating process.  I love being able to make something that helps with another cause and puts a smile on someone's face.  These cake pops were made for a bake sale to raise money for the Boys and Girls club.
These ice cream cone cake pops are made using ice cream cones, tim bits and assorted chocolate, candy coating and sprinkles, as well as fondant for the cherries.


 These Lego mini figure heads are cake pops, candy melts, fondant and edible markers as well as gel color for painting.  I had a difficult time getting the faces on the candy melts as the surface was a little waxy.  If anyone has any tips they would like to share on this process, I would love to hear them!

Okay, I couldn't resist with the Heisenberg cake pop / Lego mini figure head - this was really just an inside joke between my husband and I, as of course, we are Breaking Bad fans, but I couldn't resist!  He didn't make it to the bake sale :)

No comments:

Post a Comment