Monday, November 22, 2010

A Dog Birthday Cake...



No, not a cake shaped like a dog....but an actual cake made FOR a dog!  This was a cake I made for my dog's 9th Birthday.  She is getting up there in years and I thought she deserved a special treat for her special day :)  I made the cake out of some moist dog food.  I added some egg white and shaped the layers in cake pans.  I made the icing from mashed potato and some beet juice for the pink coloring.  The little paw prints on the top of the cake (that form the 9) are little dog treats.  My dog loved the cake...but in all honesty, she isn't a very fussy eater ;)

2 comments:

  1. I made for my dog's 9th Birthday. She is getting up there in years and I thought she deserved a special treat for her special day :) I made the cake out of some moist dog food. love this site

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks very much! So glad you were able to make the cake; I am sure your dog loved it as much as mine did :)

    ReplyDelete